PROCEDURES AND NORMS FOLLOWED IN THE CORPORATION :
Decision making process :
All cases requiring executive policy decision on general management, administration, operation of HRTC Services etc. within the Corporation are brought to the desk of Managing Director by his concerned Sub-ordinate Officers for appropriate decisions.
As various Sections of the Corporation has its own Section Officers, the concerned Officers can dispose of all routine matters. However, if there are cases which require attention of higher authority, the Section Officers put up the case, using proper filing system, to his next higher authority who will again examine the case and decide whether to clear the case at his own level or move up to higher authority and ultimately to the Managing Director. In this process, Chief General Manager, General Manager, Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer and other officers of different branches assist the Managing Director in respect of their assigned duties and responsibilities and act as a channel between the Section Officers and the Managing Director. Likewise, all Field Officers under the Corporation run their daily business within their respective jurisdictions. Matters beyond their power and authority are referred to the Divisional Managers and Corporate Office through various forms of correspondence. And in the Corporate Office, the matters referred by the Field Offices are dealt in concerned Sections through proper filing system, ultimately placed on the desk of Managing Director for suitable decisions. The Corporate Office also refers cases requiring to be approved by the Board of Directors during its periodic meetings.
Norms, Rules and Regulations followed while discharging functions:
All the administrative authorities and employees in the Corporation follow and executive general and specific Rules and Regulations adopted by the Government like all other Departments/Corporations. And the Corporation follows Financial Rules as contained in Accounts Manual. In the Technical Section, relevant manual, code, modality, system etc. which are technically required in accordance with the competency of the Technical Officers and staff, are followed while discharging functions and responsibilities. The Corporation also follows any executive orders, issued by the Government from time to time, which are specifically or in general required to be complied and executed by it.
Various Rules, Acts and Guidelines implemented by the Corporation:
1. Central Civil Services (CC& A) Rules, 1965.
2. Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
3. Central Civil Services (Leave )Rules, 1972.
4. Central Civil Services (Temporary Services) Rules, 1965.
5. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972.
6. Fundamental and Supplementary Rules as applicable to the employees of the Government of Himachal Pradesh from time to time.
7. Financial Hand Book No. 1 (Treasury Rules)
8. Financial Hand Book No. 2 (H.P. Financial Rules).
9. Financial Hand Book No. 3 ( H.P. Public Works Department Rules).
10. Financial Hand Book No. 4 (Budget Manual).
11. Central Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, as applicable to employees of H.P.
12. T.A. Rules and Rates as applicable to the employees of H.P. Govt.
13. Central Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules, 1960.
14. Central Provident Fund Regulations, 2000.
15. HRTC (Recruitment & Promotion) Regulations, 1996.
16. General Provident Fund Rules.
17. Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
18. H.P.M.V. Taxation Act, 1972.
19. Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961.
20. Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923.
21. Factories Act-1948.
22. Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
23. Payment of Bonus Act.
24. Road Transport Corporation Act, 1950.
25. Payment of Wages Act.
26. Minimum Wages Act.
27. H.P. P & Goods Taxation Act -1955.
28. Payment of Gratuity Act-1972.